Owl iLibrary brings your library into the mobile world.
Library patrons expect convenience from their libraries. Owl helps libraries meet the growing needs of their communities by providing an attractive and convenient way for patrons to interact with their library from anywhere, at anytime. Owl iLibrary is an application that was designed to enhance the library experience. Owl is easy to use, cost effective. Owl is available for Android, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Owl is the fastest operating library app available in the iTunes and Android app stores to date. This app is fully customizable to your library, easy to deploy and can be launched in a matter of weeks. Multi–language features are available upon request.
How does it work?
An annual subscription fee is the only cost to the library. Owl is a single application shared between library branches. To make the catalog available to patrons, libraries subscribe to the service and are up and running in a matter of days. The library has the option to enhance the Owl iLibrary experience for their patrons by connecting their Syndetics® or Baker & Taylor® Content Cafe accounts for book jackets, NoveList® Select account for recommended titles, and Chilifresh account to access their patron reviews.
70% of library patrons have a device for apps, of those patrons, 60% would like to search the library catalog with an app.
Library patrons aged 21 to 40 years old turn to mobile technology when looking for materials.
More than 70% of patrons ages 25 to 34 have a smartphone.
Owl iLibrary allows users to:
- View currently checked out items
- Check the status of holds
- Review account information
- Place holds
- Find interesting titles
- Browse the library catalog
- Review items
- Retrieve call numbers
- Locate library location(s) and hours of operation.
Owl iLibrary allows Librarians to:
- Get away from the reference desk and engage patrons on the floor.
- Library staff can use iPad’s as mobile catalogs when helping patrons.
- Retrieve call numbers while in the stacks.
- Mount iPads as interactive Public Access Catalogs on the end of bookshelves to serve for convenient catalog searches.
- Increase face time with librarians and patrons.
Featured Owl Users
- Barrington Public Library
- Coppel Public Library
- Dallas Public Library
- Fayetteville Public Library
- Glenarden Public Library
- Hutchinson Public Library
- Ouachita Parish Public Library
- Track Regional Automation Consortium